Thursday, April 03, 2008

Energy

Potentially brought on by mild desperation. I realized this morning that it isn't going to get any easier to do all the big chores I've been putting off. Right now I'm just a little off balance - do I really think that it would be better to try to climb on the counter to wash windows when I'm a few months further along?

Right.

So today after voice lessons and lunch I handed both boys a squirt bottle of water and a rag, and we cleaned. They had a blast, and I got a lot of long-overdue chores checked off my list. The house doesn't look particularly wonderful right now, because in order to do the big chores I've rather neglected the basic ones, but! The windows, blinds, and curtains are washed, three other loads of laundry have been washed and dried, the shower, tub, and shower curtain have been severely scrubbed, the medicine cabinet and under-sink cabinets have been emptied, cleaned out, and re-organized (minus all the expired junk that was collecting in there). The oven has been cleaned, and the garden is mostly weeded. On top of that, the boys have had a really good day (apparently cleaning time with Mommy is considered quality time!) and during their nap time I sewed a set of burp cloths for a friend who just had a baby, which was just fun.

Now I have just one question: why can't I be this productive every day?

4 comments:

Dy said...

Ohhhh, wow, what a day! I don't know about you, but I would pass out, or permanently pinch something painful (and possibly debilitating) if I were that productive *every day*! Glad you and the boys had fun.

Dy

Amber said...

Yeah, I'm with Dy here - I think if I were that productive every day I would fall over in a coma or something in short order. But then again, I'm not sure I've ever tried. :-) I would be nice to do that much every day, though, wouldn't it!

ruth said...

Are you nesting already?

I usually got a cleaning burst like that, um, shortly before I went onto labor.

Good job!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

You know, Ruth, I nest at the weirdest times during pregnancy. Almost never at the very end, though!