Friday, April 18, 2008

Hmmm...what do you think?

My sister has been experimenting with her blog design and inspired me to try creating my own signature. The inspiration was vastly encouraged by her very clear instructions on how to do so. Of course, once I finished following her instructions I discovered that I actually had to do a lot of extra work to make the color match my blog (who knew that what looks like one color is actually about six???) But with perseverance and the help of my long-suffering husband, I have triumphed! Anyway, what do you think? I think I like it but, so please chime in and tell me your impression!


4 comments:

sarah marie said...

I think it turned out very nice! I experimented with saving mine, importing it into design software, re-coloring it with RGB values to match the css color for the orange on my blog, etc... but then I decided I liked the black better anyway. But yours looks so great - such a nice shade of blue! You'll have to tell me sometime how you did it all. Isn't it a nice feeling of accomplishment? I must admit I'm rather proud of the work I've done on my blog over the past few days. :)

sarah marie said...

PS: After I changed the colors in editing software I uploaded the colored signature to a photo-hosting website to use the url in my css code in the layout of my blog design. So that's what I was GOING to do until I decided I didn't like the orange one as much as the black one anyway. But I bet Gabe knew a better way to do it!! Can you insert right into the mylivesignature code a "#FF9933" (or whatever) type of thing? Maybe my way was too complicated... :-/

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Sarah, that's what I did - snagged the picture from mylivesignature, edited it (boy did THAT take awhile!) , uploaded it to flickr, and then stuck it in the code from there. We couldn't figure out how to add a color into the mylivesignature html, and anyway it doesn't look as good if you do because you only get one color, rather than the range of colors that I used in the editing software.

Linds said...

It totally fits your personality. Keep it! It's cute! :)