Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What a night!

Or morning, I guess. After the crazy nearly-10pm bedtime that the boys enjoyed last night, they were awake at 5:45am. I think Jonathan woke up then (as he often does - that child has a nutty sleep schedule) and then he turned on the light. Which of course woke Thomas up. So Gabe and I heard them giggling in their bedroom and had to decide what to do. We opted for putting them back to bed with a serious admonition to Jonathan not to turn on the light. I showed him that it was still dark outside and told him that he couldn't turn on the light or talk to Thomas until it was light outside and Thomas woke up on his own.

About half an hour later, Jonathan came into my room. This is a normal time for him to be awake, so I told him he was welcome to play in the front room with his toys, but not to go into the his bedroom or wake up Thomas. He opted to climb into bed with me instead, saying he was cold.

So much for sleeping anymore, thought I.

And then I woke up at 7:40am, sleeping child beside me. He's still asleep. Thomas is still asleep. I can't imagine what we'll do about naptime today!

1 comment:

Daiquiri said...

I'm right there with you! There are times when I wake to feed the baby in the middle of the night, and there are 5 of us in our bed...me, hubby, and 3 kids! If we were once co-sleepers I might understand. They just like their snuggles, I guess. And to be honest, I'm not complaining (that much) :)

I found you through BlogHer headlines today. Cute blog...Laundry and Lullabies...sounds like my life :)

Have a great day.