Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pantry Soup

This afternoon a neighbor dropped by and stayed talking for nearly an hour. It was nice to catch up with her - she is someone I'd like to get to know better - but I lost my dinner preparation hour! So instead of the planned Sausage Rice Pilaf which I thought we'd be having, we had Pantry Soup.

1 can Progresso Light Italian Soup
1 can refried beans (thanks to Jessica for the idea to add this!)
1 can V8 juice (low sodium)
leftover vegetables from previous nights (I used about a cup of green beans)





It took five minutes, quite literally. All you do is dump, stir, and heat, and the result is surprisingly tasty. Gabe said he liked it, and commented that it seemed "meaty" even without meat. I think the beans help with that. Anyway, I thought I'd share because I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one who occasionally needs to change dinner plans on the fly. :)

3 comments:

sarah marie said...

I must say, putting refried beans in vegetable soup sounds strange!

I had soup last night, too. :) Turkey vegetable chili. Which I actually made several months ago, and froze. I loooove my freezer.

Jonathan and Thomas are so cute. Don't let them become TOO serious about softball - we wouldn't want them to be snobs at Palmer family reunions, and refuse to play Palmerball with us!

Amie said...

yum..
Sounds similar to weight watchers dump soup. 1 can of each
1) Progresso Minestroni
2) mexi-corn
3) black beans (draned)
4) Veg-All
5) Pinto Beans

Cowen Family said...

Emily, from one pregnant mom to another, sounds like you were in the mood for some funny things! I just could not imagine thinking to put these things together and actually have them turn out...but then again I was one who almost, almost is the key word, convinced my self to cook an entire dinner with sour cream...did not happen but I remember it like it was yesterday!