Friday, May 04, 2007

Chicken and Cheesy Potatoes

This is an adaptation of a recipe I found on allrecipes. Originally it called for ham instead of chicken. And something else I didn't have (I can't remember at the moment) which I just left out. The amended result was fabulous - definitely worth sharing!

4 T. flour
2 T. cornstarch
2 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
2 cups milk
3 tsp. chicken bouillon (not broth!)
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
4 cups jullienned potatoes
1-2 c. shredded (or chopped) cooked chicken

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In a saucepan over medium heat, toast flour until golden.

Stir in cornstarch, lemon pepper, and onion powder. Gradually whisk in milk, then bouillon.

Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese until smooth.

Layer potatoes and chicken in pan, and pour sauce evenly over them. Bake for one hour.

I do recommend that you read the recipe carefully and do not, DO NOT add 3 CUPS of chicken BROTH instead of 3 TSP of chicken BOUILLON.

Because, you know, it wouldn't work out right if you did that. Not that I know from experience or anything.

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

That sounds like something my family would love to eat, except me, it sounds too much like scalloped potatoes to me, but they would go nutso over it. And if they cooked it, the 3 cups of broth would be a great warning. I'll add that to the recipe card!