Friday, May 18, 2007

Blah.

What a week. A couple of stressful things providing low-level anxiety behind the scenes. Not enough hours in some days and too many in others. Jonathan waking up too early so that Gabe can't get any alone time. Thomas staying awake too late so that we can't get enough sleep. (Although to be fair, last night was our fault - we stayed up to watch an episode of Firefly just because we wanted to.) But even that is a symptom of the problem rather than the problem itself - we just really needed some time to ourselves, just us, without children and without problems to deal with (we'd spent the first part of the evening working on said stressful thing.)

I don't really know what has gone wrong this week or how to fix it. Today I just feel like I have no energy or desire to do anything. The kids are actually being really easy this morning and I know that I ought to be doing dishes and laundry and taking a shower and cleaning the floors. But, well, I don't want to. And so I'm putzing around the house feeling disgruntled and disordered and disinclined to do anything about it.

The fact that I have either a badly plugged duct or a developing infection is definitely not helping matters.

Ten hours until Gabe comes home.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Ugh, I hope you don't develop an infection from a plugged duct - that is no fun at all! I've had that happen four times and wow that creates a pretty amazing fever quite quickly.

I hope your day shaped up better than it started - sometimes there are just days like that, aren't there. Sometimes I don't ever manage to throw them off, but sometimes I manage to change the pace enough that things do get better. I hope that was the case for you!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

You know, Amber, it did get better. I asked God to please give me a better attitude, and he did. So by the time Gabe came home, I was actually smiling. :)

Also, I think the plugged duct is resolving itself. Yay for marathon nursing!

Amber said...

Glad to hear it! :-)

And I've enjoyed reading about your potty-training efforts with Jonathan. I'm glad that it is going so well for both of you! I had to laugh about the chocolate chips... I considered that for Emma but never quite got to that point. Maybe with Gregory. ;-)