Tuesday, April 03, 2007

WFMW - carry-all bag (Car Edition)

I've always hated having a messy car. When I was in college it was pretty simple to keep it clean - I really only used it to get to church and the occasional tutoring job. Now that I have two kids and do lots of errands, it is a different story! There is just so much STUFF that ends up in the car! Lots of it can be corralled in the diaper bag, of course, but what to do with the extras?

My solution:



This bag goes with me whenever I'm off to do errands (assuming I remember it - when I forget I regret it!) When I come home, all the odds and ends get dumped into it - whether that be the day's mail, or trash, or sundry toys that were dropped on the floor, or library books, or our leftovers from lunch. It gets carried into the house along with the boys and the diaper bag, and I deal with the contents as soon as I walk in the door.

The result: we always begin and end with a clean car. :) Works for me!!

For more tips, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tip! Thanks for sharing! =)

Amber said...

Good idea, thanks!

GiBee said...

You're very disciplined to deal with the contents right away!

Anonymous said...

We need that. Our car is awful because I never have enough hands to carry in all the contents. I like your idea of a bag to dump everything into.

PS- Thanks for changing your comment format :)