Monday, October 18, 2010

Simple food

Sometimes the very best lunch is also the easiest. Fresh, hot, homemade bread, and a spoon of peanut butter on the side. Mmmm.

I'm trying something new on Mondays. It is one of our stable "at home" days, and I always feel so much more energetic coming off the weekend with Gabe. So Mondays have been designated "laundry day" and "cooking/baking/food preparation day" I'm still struggling with the laundry part, probably because it feels (is!) unending, but I think I like the cooking part. So far today I have baked a loaf of bread and boiled eggs for breakfasts/snacks during the week. There is a pot of vegetable soup simmering on the stove, and chicken salad is half-way made. It would be nice to also make a batch of muffins and cook the base for potato cheese soup, but I may not get to that. We'll see. Either way, this is a great start for good, healthy, home-cooked meals and snacks this week, which will make the not-at-home days much simpler.

No comments: