Monday, October 11, 2010

Cleaning house

Jessica has inspired me. Last Saturday karate was canceled, and Gabe and I cleaned house! We're planning to take 3 or 4 Saturday mornings and work really hard, giving the house a good old fashioned "spring" cleaning. I'm also re-organizing my chore cards and considering using them again. They fell by the wayside for awhile, but I think it might be a good idea to go back to that system. I'm pretty good at basic dailies and weeklies on my own, but that isn't enough to keep a really clean house, as opposed to a tidy house.

I forget, in the busyness and mess of day to day living, what a blessing it is to have a truly clean house. But oh, what a pleasure it is to walk into our beautiful bedroom now! Just being in there feels relaxing!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I need to do this, too! Your bedroom is lovely, and you're right--being in a clean one is so much more relaxing!

Jessica Snell said...

That looks great!

sarah marie said...

Wow, gorgeous room... ours is about half that size and I like to think that is why it's always a bit messy, but you've inspired me to clean it up!

Anonymous said...

I often find myself inspired by Jessica as well.
Betsy