Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bliss and rapture... (WFMW)

the carpets in my house are clean. Not just vacuumed, but seriously, beautifully, completely clean. My new best friend is the carpet cleaner man. I am so not kidding.

We bought this house about two years ago. When we did, the carpets were, well, less than clean. We placed the couches over the worst of the spots, bought a few gallons of Folex spot cleaner, and made do. Periodically I've wished that I had the time, energy, and/or money to do something about really cleaning them, but something always got in the way. Usually the lack of time, energy, and money. :)

Enter my new favorite person: Cheerful Carpet Cleaner Man. Not only does he not charge an arm and a leg (I called a few places, previously, who quoted me nearly $200 for the job) but he's pleasant, hardworking, and very very thorough. He didn't move the really heavy stuff (you know, bookshelves, piano, bed) but everything that was moveable got moved.

He spent nearly 2 hours here, cleaned every carpet in the house, and charged me $45.

I think that may be the best spent $45 in a long time. If I had tried to do this myself with a rental machine, it would have cost me about $30, plus a lot more than two hours of time and aggravation and aching back and cranky toddler!

Clean carpets without all the angst? Works for me! There are some things where it really IS better to call in the professional. (For more tips, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.)

If anyone in the area needs clean carpets, I'd be happy to give you his number. :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Sounds like a wonderful affordable luxury! Thanks for sharing. Glad you have beautiful carpet to smile at!

http://nikkianddanny.blogspot.com/