Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wondrous little body

I don't really appreciate my body. I complain about its dimensions and wish it wouldn't hurt when I exercise, but other than that I usually just take it for granted. But I let Jonathan run around the other day in just a diaper, because it was so hot, and I was struck by just how wondrous his body is. He has ribs, and muscles, and eyes that actually see things (just think about that for a minute!) and the most adorable toes you've ever seen. Every bit of him works properly and he can wrap his arms around my neck and toddle in circuitous paths on his way to play with Daddy. His round little tummy is imminently tickle-able and houses half a dozen perfect organs that don't mind being squished when he flops on top of me. He is fearfully and wonderfully made.

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gifts.

No comments: