Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Future training...

Ma Torg left this comment on my last post:
"So are you going to train to be a doula then possibly? Or pursue midwifery?"
and I thought I'd go ahead and answer it here. :)

Midwifery...probably not. That is an all-consuming lifestyle/career that I don't think would blend well either with my personality or my family.

But I am very interested in becoming a doula. I hope to be able to complete official training sometime in the next two years or so. In the meantime, I'm open to the possibility of helping friends in an unofficial capacity. Josiah is weaning, so that should simplify the logistics. If you're currently pregnant and are interested in having an extra support person, let's talk!

1 comment:

Abuk said...

If only Washington wasn't so very far away :-(