Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In the midst of the Anglican church issues

I'm not going to write about everything that is happening. Our church is in a place that feels very close to the edge of a precipice. I pray we don't fall, or worse yet, push each other over. Writing about it would just be too hard right now. Instead, I'm going to direct you to a simply beautiful description of Christ's transforming and redeeming power, written by a g*ay man.
The good news is, I just don't think it matters. When God called me to faith and repentance, I discovered that our Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross to save me from sin and death, not to turn me into a heteros*xual.

. . .

My special burden of the heart is for those who came to Christ but, upon discovering that prayer alone wasn't going to "make the g*ay go away," decided to give up. They either abandon Christianity altogether or respond to the siren song of theological revisionism and persuade themselves that Holy Scripture doesn't really mean what it says, so perhaps they're free to remain s*xually active after all. In both cases, what a tragedy! Satan laughs while poor miserable sinners give in to despair.
In the midst of all the "us and them" politics storming my church, this is the kind of witness that so easily gets lost. Please read it.


(Sorry for the funny spellings - I just don't want to tempt unhelpful google ads.)

No comments: