Tuesday, December 19, 2006

17th day of Advent

Christmas cookies!!

One of the things that I really wanted to do this Advent season was to make Christmas cookies for some various neighbors and acquaintances. For one thing, I love baking. And since Gabe doesn't eat many sweets, and I shouldn't eat very many sweets, it makes baking during most of the year rather pointless. Also, making cookie plates for the neighbors is a tradition my mom has done every year for as long as I can remember. I like it, and I want to continue it.

So, today I completed one batch of Christmas cookies, and got another batch of dough ready in the refrigerator (it has to chill before I can actually make them). I also chose a third recipe to make tomorrow, and ran out to the store this evening to get two last minute ingredients that I thought I had but didn't. :) It was lots of fun. Jonathan played in the sink while I baked and thoroughly enjoyed licking the spoons. And I got to give Christmas cookies to the UPS man who delivered a package today, which just made me happy. Yay for Advent. :)

No comments: