Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Time times two (or three or four)

I think that perhaps one of the reasons I often get to the end of my day and wonder if I've really accomplished anything, is because I have an unrealistic expectation of how much time things take. From now on I think I will double (and then some!) my estimates. :)

This morning Jonathan and I got up at 6:15am. He'd been awake for some time, but I sat him up and responded to his talking with mumbles and "umphs" for awhile before I could convince myself to actually get up. Anyway, we got up, had breakfast, gave Jonathan a bath (which was abundantly necessary after his breakfast!), and then I put him down for his nap and took a shower. By the time those things had been accomplished, it was nearly 9am.

I guess I just don't think of things taking this long! Baby breakfasts last three times as long as mine do, and get ten times as messy. Baby baths are twice as long as mommy showers. No wonder we can't seem to get to church on time! :)

No comments: