Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Fun development!

Jonathan is enjoying time spent reading together! I’ve been trying to read to him for months, but without much interest on his part. So we’d read in 30 second bursts, pretty much, and then he’d try to eat the book. :) But lately he’s been so much more fascinated by the pictures and by my voice. So encouraging! This morning we snuggled on the couch and read (some of!) the poems in Eloise William’s Poems to Read to the Very Young. I’ve always loved that book, and it’s so fun to see Jonathan enjoying it too!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yay! That must really feel good. It was ages before I could read to Emma t all. I'm hoping that Gregory will be interested earlier than she was because he'll have Emma's example to follow (and because we read so much!).