Thursday, January 19, 2006

Red belt!

Yup, I got one! This means that I am considered "ready to test" for my black belt. I don't know exactly when the exam will be, but probably within the next few months.

The really cool thing was that on Tuesday (the night I got it) I felt like a martial artist again for the first time in way, way too long. For the last many months it seemed like something was always in the way - pregnancy, recovering from the c-section, exhaustion due to mothering an infant, shoulder injuries, etc. I just couldn't recapture the mokso focus. But on Tuesday it was there again! I hope I can maintain it now that I remember what it feels like.

It has been such a long road getting here. It is nice to have the goal in sight.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow, congratulations!!! What a fantastic achievement. I think it is wonderful that you've continued, even through all the things you mentioned.