Thursday, November 05, 2009

Case in point: Albertsons shopping trip

To give you a better understanding of why I am irked with Vons, let me give you a run-down of my shopping trip at Albertsons this evening.

1) It was quick. Door to door (MY door) was 45 minutes.

2) They have helpful clerks/managers. While I love some of the clerks at Vons, Albertsons really does give them a run for their money in the helpfulness category! When I walked in, a manager was immediately visible. I asked her a question about the promotion (it was unclear from the ad) and she went to the office to get the official paperwork to find an answer for me. With a smile.

3) It was a very good deal.

6 cans green beans
1 box progresso broth
24 oz progresso bread crumbs
10 lbs gold medal flour
3 boxes general mills cereal
5 pkgs yo-plus yogurt (20 single serving containers)

Original total (sale prices, no coupons): $30.07
11 coupons used: - $8.75
Total oop: $21.32

Catalinas earned: $15
Net cost: $6.32

No comments: