Monday, March 24, 2008

Pregnancy fog

This year I am the clerk for my church's vestry meetings. These meetings can be very long - the last one was well over three hours. Sometimes I wonder how much good thinking is really happening in the last hour or so - don't you think eventually someone will start thinking "I'll just make a motion on this really quickly so that we can be done and move on and maybe, oh, adjourn sometime this week"?

In any case, I have incontrovertible evidence that my own brain wasn't doing much good thinking in the last hour of that meeting. Here is a note, taken intact from my vestry minutes:
Big current project: re-doing the project.
Yeah, I don't know what I meant, either.

2 comments:

Amie said...

You have to admit though it is nice to have a reason to be a bit..absent minded...I think I need to get pregnant again just so I can have a reason again fo why I can't think straight...Joking :-).

Praying for you and the littlest M.
-A

ruth said...

That's really funny.