Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Important recall notice


I know that some of my readers enjoy wearing their babies, so I wanted to bring this to your attention:

Ellaroo infant slings are being voluntarily recalled, because the rings can bend and break, allowing the baby to fall out. The official recall notice with all the pertinent information is included below. If you bought an Ellaroo sing in the past 9 months, please check to be sure it is safe!

Also (shameless self-promotion here) if you're looking to buy a strong, safe sling (with rings safety tested up to 250 lbs!) in your favorite colors and for about half what an Ellaroo sling costs...let me know! I've just started a small business: Lullaby Slings, and I take custom orders. :)

NEWS from CPSC
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 11, 2008
Release #08-215

Firm's Recall Hotline: (800) 483-4902
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

Ellaroo Recalls Infant Sling Carriers Due to Fall Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in
cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary
recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using
recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Ellaroo Ring Sling Baby Carrriers

Units: About 1,200

Manufacturer: Ellaroo LLC, of McKinney, Texas

Hazard: The aluminum rings on the sling carriers can bend or break. This
can cause the fabric to slip through the rings and infants to fall out
of the carrier.

Incidents/Injuries: Ellaroo has received four reports of the rings
bending and two reports of rings breaking. No injuries have been
reported.

Description: This recall includes Ellaroo Ring Sling baby carriers with
item numbers 2101 and 2102 printed on the outside of the product box.
The Ellaroo Ring Sling has a fabric carrier with two aluminum rings that
is worn by the user to carry an infant up to 35 pounds. The carriers are
sold in mahogany, mango stone, brasilia and malay color prints. Only
sling carriers with lot numbers 03/07 and 07/04 printed on a label,
under the size label, inside the Ring Sling are included in the recall.

Sold at: Juvenile product and department stores nationwide and online,
including BabiesRUs.com, from June 2007 through February 2008 for about
$100.

Manufactured in: India

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the sling carriers and
contact Ellaroo for instructions on returning the carriers for a repair
or replacement Ring Sling.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Ellaroo at (800)
483-4902 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m CT Monday through Friday or
visit the firm's Web site at www.ellaroo.com

3 comments:

Ma Torg said...

I am very impressed by your business venture. How exciting! I would buy one except for my horrid history with slings. I used to have a Maya wrap but my lower back just can't handle a sling carrier. But I'll keep you in mind for future baby showers! Do you mind emailing me a picture of your work and your price list? At your convenience, of course.

Amie said...

ooh ooh how fun! Have you sold any yet? I've brought in an average of $40 net a month selling slings, carriers, burp rags, breastfeeding covers and drop clothes for home births...it is such a fun and great way to help support our family. Good luck to you!

-Amie

Kellie said...

Thank you!!! I've just gone and signed up for these notifications. I actually do own one of these. I'm hoping I can somehow get a new one very quickly, since I'll have the baby any day and this is the first carrier I wanted to use.

Good luck on your business - can't wait to see pictures!