Wednesday, March 05, 2008

And...we're done.

Remember that crazy day of non-nursing last week? Well, that was it. My very last time nursing Thomas was one-side-only session. (Oh yeah, that was really fun about 12 hours later.) It was a sweet end, if unexpected. He didn't bite me that time, and when he finished nursing he smiled up at me with the sweetest look in his eyes. You know the one that just makes you want to cry and kiss and cuddle him all at once? And remember why you wanted to get pregnant again? Yeah, that one. I'm glad I have that memory as an end-note.

Since then he's been a lot needier - he needs more cuddles, more snuggles, more carrying, more rocking and singing. But I can provide most of that, and I think he'll be just fine.

3 comments:

ACMe said...

I'm glad you had a good ending. :)

Amber said...

What a lovely ending. :-) Amazing how these things end up going sometimes, isn't it??

Amanda said...

What a sweet, lovely ending. I can't recall how my Gracie stopped nursing. She just did. Strange.