Thursday, November 30, 2006

Errand day

I swear that errands multiply both in number and length of time when you have children. Tuesday I spent pretty much the whole day doing errands (Jonathan is amazing and didn't even object!) but I only got half of them done!!! I think I spent at least an hour just carrying groceries from the car to the house. Because, you see, you only get to use one hand, because the toddler needs to hold the other one (it's a parking lot, so we hold hands.) And on the way to the house, said toddler must needs show you every. single. bug/leaf/cat/bird/spot on the pavement. Because they are just so FASCINATING!!! And of course, they are. But I'd rather look at them when one of my arms isn't full of groceries. :)

So we're off today to do it again. More shopping and a trip to the library, with an oil change thrown in for good measure. And if we're lucky, we'll make it to the park for mom's group. :)

Wish me luck.

(So why am I blogging instead of getting started on this lovely excursion? Because while we get up at the crack of dawn, the rest of the world doesn't open their doors until 8am.) :)

No comments: