Sunday, November 05, 2006

Things you find on the internet.

I was looking at allrecipes.com this afternoon, trying to dream up an interesting main dish to make tonight. I found one...but it calls for vodka.

We don't normally keep vodka around the house. As Gabe says "the only reason you'd drink vodka straight is if you're a drunk Russian."

So I opened up a new window and searched for "substitution for vodka in cooking". I found a message board where someone had asked the same question. The response?

"Why would you not want to use vodka? What are you a prohibitionist, you must have voted for Bush."

Well.

I'd still like to know if I can use chicken broth instead. :)

2 comments:

Linds said...

What's the dish? Because I make a killer vodka marinara. :) It's very good - and hey, vodka's cheap!

Dy said...

Some people are so. very. strange.

Dy