Saturday, October 14, 2006

Success!

One of the things that I was trying to do this week was to get all the weekly chores done during the week, instead of leaving a bunch for the weekend (and then asking Gabe to help with them!) And it worked! I may not like vacuuming and mopping the floors, but it is possible to get it done during the week. And it was such a nice reward to get to the weekend and realize that the only things I'm asking Gabe to do for me around the house are cutting the grass and helping with a project. So he'll actually have time to relax and work on his own projects as well! (Considering how crazy his school schedule is right now, this is something he really needs.) On top of that, it makes my weekend that much nicer, too, because I'm actually going to have time this afternoon to garden and play the piano and read. I think a little extra work during the week is worth it for the payoff of real relaxation on the weekends. :)

No comments: