Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sleep

It is amazing how much difference it makes.

Yesterday I spent the day wishing it was over. I didn't want to do my chores, I didn't want to play with Jonathan, I didn't want to make dinner - I was just too doggone tired to think. All I wanted was for Gabe to come home so that I could be "off duty" and go to bed.

I actually went to bed at 8pm and was asleep at 8:30pm. It was a little strange - my poor pregnant bladder woke me up four times in the night, which was weird. I kept looking at the clock thinking "huh...I guess I really can go back to sleep again."

Gabe was wonderful and took himself off to the bus stop in the morning without waking me or Jonathan. I woke up at 7am, about five minutes before Jonathan began stirring.

It was glorious: nothing hurt.

And today has been fantastic. It is 3pm and my chores are done - I'm even thinking about doing a few extra ones since I have time. Jonathan and I did a few errands this morning, including going to the library (which he really enjoys, now!) and then spent some time in the park for mom's group. We both had a nap (yes, even after 10.5 hours of sleep last night, I still napped with Jonathan this afternoon!) and I'm reveling in the fact that I'm not exhausted at 3pm. Gabe might just come home to a smiling wife today. :)

While I suppose I can't really go to bed at 8:30pm every night, I do think it might be smart for me to remember what a difference this made, and try to go to bed on time for awhile!

No comments: