One of my favorite new recipes from our Lenten meal plan: perfect beef stew. I adapted a whole slew of recipes and we absolutely loved the result!
* 1 lb beef chuck, cubed
* 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 3 tablespoon butter
* 1 onion, diced
* 3 cloves garlic, crushed
* 4 cups water
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 2 bay leaves
* 3 carrots, cubed
* 2 stalks celery, sliced
* 4 small-medium potatoes, cubed
1. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bag. Dredge beef cubes in the flour mixture. Brown beef with onion and garlic in a medium stock pot.
2. Add water, Worcestershire, oregano, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about an hour.
3. Add carrots, celery, and potatoes. Simmer until soft (about one more hour)