Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Strawberry Orange Banana Smoothies

I think one of the best summer treats is a freshly made smoothie. Today when we came home from the park we made this one:

Strawberry Orange Banana Smoothie

Milk (probably about 3/4 cup or so)
2 spoonfuls orange juice concentrate
2 oranges
1 cup spinach (loosely measured)
1/2 frozen banana
10 or so frozen strawberries

Blend milk, concentrate, oranges, and spinach until smooth. With blender running, add banana and strawberries one at a time. I added strawberries until the smoothie just started to turn pink from green.

The boys declared it "AWESOME!"

1 comment:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Great recipe! I love adding {hiding} spinach into smoothies. I am going to try your recipe this weekend.

And thank you so much for your prayers and kind words for my Samuel.

I am really grateful.