Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gardens

I spent some time working in my front garden today. It has truly horrible soil, riddled with roots from the neighboring tree, and it is difficult to get much of anything to grow in it. But it is in front of my house, in the area that *technically* is the HOA gardeners' domain, so I feel a need to try to keep it looking nice.

{I commandeered the space years ago, when we had a gardening service that didn't even pretend to garden, and the only thing growing in that space (in front of my window!) was a thorn bush.}

It looks better now. But what really made me smile today is what happened about an hour later. When my oldest excitedly called me out to see his garden. Two little patches of grass and weeds, carefully dug up and transplanted next to mine.

No comments: