Wednesday, July 20, 2005

More on birth control

I wanted to clarify a few things in an actual post, rather than in an increasingly long comment string. :)

First, I don't believe that procreation is the be-all end-all of sex. It is one aspect of it, along with pleasure and unity with your spouse. I think that if any of the three are absent, something real has been lost. It's a package deal that we have only very recently unpackaged.

Second, I am not making a blanket statement that all couples should take this position. I hold a very strong position that this is what we are supposed to be doing...but my position on what others are doing is held loosely if at all. Every couple will have a different situation, and since there is nowhere in the Bible that says "Thou shalt not use birth control", I see no need or justification for being dogmatic.

No comments: