Monday, September 27, 2010

Reason number 683 why I love my backyard...



It is such a great place for summer water play! I don't even worry about wasting water, because it is giving my grass and garden a nice long soak (one sorely needed in this heat!)



Jonathan and Thomas are playing "Fireman Sam" here - it made me smile because they were forced to work together in order to play (holding their fire hose together was a two person job) and they did without fighting!



Sunday evening it was so hot that I lost my head entirely. We went to the store and bought ice cream and cones, and that was what we ate for dinner. (Well, not me, because I'm still not eating sugar. I made a smoothie.) The boys were sure I'd gone crazy, but they definitely enjoyed it!



5 comments:

Amber said...

You know, sometimes that's just what has to happen. That's great that you got pictures of it though! I'm sure that'll be something they'll remember (and hope repeats!) for a long time.

Care said...

What a good Mommy, giving your kids the experience of ice cream for dinner!!!!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Thanks, Carolyn! What a nice way to spin it! ;)

lasselanta said...

Hi Emily! Sorry, this has nothing to do with your post, but do you check your Biola email anymore? I just sent you an answer to a very very old email and wanted to make sure you got it. :-)

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

No, Sharon, I don't use that address any more. Theoretically it is supposed to forward emails to my gmail address, but it isn't reliable. If you send a message to puznee[at]gmail[dot]com (my junk address) I'll reply with my real address.