Friday, September 03, 2010

Peachy Waffles

Mmm, dinner was good last night!



I love making food that tastes amazing and is really good for you! So many people think that "eating healthy" means you can't have anything delicious, which is so sad! They should come eat at my house for awhile. :)

Here are the recipes, for your future dining pleasure:

Peach syrup

5 cups of cut up peaches (not too small!)
1/2 t. lemon juice
1/4 c. evaporated cane juice
1-2 t. corn starch

Stir together in saucepan and simmer until thickened!

Waffles
(adjusted from a recipe in Joy of Cooking, and doubled)

5 eggs
1/4 c. butter (this can be further reduced or eliminated, if desired and if you have a really well seasoned waffle iron)
1/4 c. coconut oil
3 c. milk
1 t. salt
3 and 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour, mixed with 2 T. baking powder

I mix this in my VitaMix, adding ingredients in the order they're written here, which makes it go incredibly quickly. It is just barely the right amount (almost too much!) so you have to baby it along just a tad, but I love doing it this way. I can pour directly onto the waffle iron and clean-up is a breeze!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ooh, peach syrup - now there is something with peaches I haven't made yet! I still have one more box that I need to use up and I was wondering what I was going to do with it...

We were fortunate to be able to pick peaches at a friend's property and ended up with a very large amount of free, not sprayed or treated peaches. Yippee!