Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mom, Mom, can we light the candles?

So requested my eldest this evening. Why? "Because they remind us about Jesus and how He made the light!"

Of course we did, and as I lit them Jonathan explained to Thomas how the light made us remember Jesus. And then we sat and looked at them for a moment with the lights out, enjoying their flickering beauty, and I recited what I could remember from the Genesis account of God separating the light from the darkness, evening and morning, the first day, and seeing that it was good.

I think that the spark for this evening's conversation was a lesson a few weeks ago at Cubbies (yay Aunt Libby and Uncle Jon, the awesome leaders!) It is very sweet to see the results of lessons that have percolated for awhile in his mind.

Photo credit: Jon Sullivan

No comments: