Thursday, September 04, 2008

Nesting when you can't quite pull it off

This has got to be one of the most frustrating things I've experienced in pregnancy so far. I'm nesting. Boy am I nesting. This evening I cleared out a junk collector on our counter that has been there since Gabe and I were married, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Ok, so the circumstances of this particular bit of clutter clear-out probably lent themselves to his conclusion. Maybe. :)

But I'm not really nuts, honest! I'm just nesting under the worst of circumstances. I have all these projects and clutter clean-ups and housecleaning that I desperately want to accomplish, only I have no energy, and two children who can clutter the house faster than I can pick it up. So I have this running list in my head: re-organize the bookshelves to make use of the new one, clear out the closet and reduce the junk that I've been keeping around since grade school, get the house really clean before the baby shows up and I won't have time to do it anymore (I have time now?), weed the garden that has been woefully neglected for the past three months, clean out the car, make freezer meals for when Josiah arrives, clear off all the surfaces that collect junk (where does it come from??) Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, finish working on the photo albums which are still about two years behind.

See what I mean? The end result is the most frustrating feeling of impotence. I think I need a mother's helper next week. Anyone want to volunteer?

1 comment:

ACMe said...

I'll help as often as I can! :) mon./wed afternoons, thurs morning,a nd all day friday/sat/sun if u need me to. :) jsut lemme know when it would be a good time for me to come over.

~Abbey