Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Working toward sentences...

Yesterday Jonathan and I went over to Jessica's house to spend some time playing in the backyard, and in their wading pool. The goal: to wear Jonathan out completely so putting him down for his afternoon nap would be easier. :) Mission accomplished!

Anyway, what I meant to blog about: while Jonathan was playing in the pool with Brigid, he fell over and landed with rather a thump. Instead of being upset, he very clearly said "down, bump!" and then got on with the serious business of climbing up the slide.

If I were my grandmother, I would now write in the babybook with great pride that Jonathan's first sentence was "I fell down and went bump!" But I'm not my grandmother. So I'll just enjoy the fact that my incredibly intelligent and amazing son just put TWO words together! :)

No comments: