Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgagely

We hosted Thanksgagely at our house this year...and it was SO MUCH FUN! Thanksgagely is a Thanksgiving potluck that a big group of friends have been doing for a few years - it began when a majority of the people all lived on the same street (Gagely) - and it has continued although most of those involved have since moved on to other places of residence. It is a great tradition. One of the things that I am most thankful for is the fact that I get to live so near to so many friends, and having many of them over for Thanksgiving dinner really reminded me how grateful I am.

When Gabe and I were looking at this house, thinking about buying it, one of the first things we thought was "wouldn't this be just perfect for hosting Thanksgagely!" And it was! We shoved the couches up against the wall, borrowed tables from church and chairs from various people, and packed about 20 people into our living room. Everyone brought food to share (I did the turkey and it turned out PERFECTLY - I couldn't believe it!) and there was talk and laughter and a thoroughly delightful time.

Poor Jonathan wasn't quite sure what to make of it all. He did ok until he missed his afternoon nap, and as it got later in the afternoon/evening he got less and less happy. Fortunately, he was ok as long as I wore him in the sling and we stayed mostly in the kitchen instead of in the thick of all those scary people. :)

All in all, it was a great evening. Thanks to all who came and contributed to the fun!

No comments: