Friday, April 29, 2005

Cuddles

There is something indescribably perfect about holding your little boy in your arms as he falls asleep.

I realized this morning that I’m really glad I’m staying at home with Jonathan. Yes, there are many times when I wish for my students, wish for work, wish for people who could talk back! But if I were working, I would miss out on so much! I wouldn’t have the pleasure of learning Jonathan’s sleeping/waking patterns…I wouldn’t have the satisfaction of knowing that he is fussy right now because he is tired and needs to be rocked to sleep, and the enjoyment of cuddling him until he does drop off into dreamland. I like getting to know him as he changes, and I wouldn’t be able to do that nearly as well if I only got to be with him for the few evening hours each day.

No comments: