Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Meet Raskol



He's home and recovering nicely after his surgery. He's doing his darndest to scratch his bandage off, though. I think the healing must be itchy.



It looks like the vet cut his head off and then sewed it back on, doesn't it?

I still kind of wish that Raskol was Hermione, but boy or girl, this is one sweet kitten. I'm still in love. I'm so in love that I'm not even complaining about the fact that he has to stay inside until his stitches come out. Sure am sneezing a lot, though!



He is a little rascal.

Oh, and the name? Gabe came up with it (of course). Any guesses as to where it comes from? :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

He is adorable!

Though I have to admit, I'm a bit confused about this turn of events, given what happened when you spent half an hour (did you even spend that long?) in my house last month...

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Jenn, my allergies are variable. Some cats nearly kill me (yours among them, unfortunately). On the other extreme, some of them only give me the sneezes.

Before we did anything as crazy as adopting him, I spent about half an hour holding him, petting him, pretty much sticking my nose in his fur! Just to see what reaction I'd have. It was minimal, so we decided that having him as an outdoor cat would be a reasonable option.

Libby Rowley said...

I'm guessing the name comes from Raskolnikov, the main character in _Crime and Punishment_. Yes?

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Ding ding ding! Libby, you got it right. :)