Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hot.

Hot, hot, hot, hot! In the morning when it is cooler (i.e. only about 80 degrees) Jonathan can play outside and we open up the house to get a breeze and I do as many chores as I can do without working too hard. (We're still watching and waiting to be sure this baby is ok, which means limited activity for me.)

But in the afternoon, both Jonathan and I sort of crash. It is JUST TOO HOT!!! Today around 3pm both of us were just lying on the floor in front of the fan. Jonathan didn't even want to read a book - he just wanted to lie there!

He really is hanging in there pretty well, especially considering that he just doesn't understand why he can't play outside at 3pm (it is just too hot and I worry about him becoming dehydrated - he doesn't drink enough when he's playing out there). Much of the time I let him play in the bathtub or the kitchen sink in freezing cold water. :)

Meanwhile, I've decided that summer is NOT a good time to be pregnant.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that it has been so warm down there! We went through a pretty bad heat spell too and it just makes me want to become a slug. And I agree with you about being pregnant in the summer - I was really miserable last summer when the temperature climbed into the 90's and 100's. I think it is very unfortunate that our bodies hold onto the heat so much more when we're pregnant. I think April or May would be a much more ideal time to have a baby due, but I have no idea if I'll ever be in that situation to test my theory!