Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Musical genius

Well, that's the way I see it, anyway. :)

Our little musician continues to amaze me. I put on Les Miserables this morning, and Jonathan is absolutely fascinated. He’s sitting staring at the cd player, occasionally grinning and breathing fast and waving his arms (which all means “I’m really excited!”) We’re already to Jean Valjean being the mayor and the introduction of Fantine, and he’s showing no signs of being bored. He has toys in front of him, within easy reach, but so far he’s completely ignoring them. The music is so much more interesting!

In fact, now that I'm actually posting, he's still happily listening, and we just got to the "If I speak, I am condemned; if I stay silent..." part. Wow!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow, that is so neat! I hope that as he grows up he'll keep this - I wonder what that will be like. It is so neat to see him developing his own little personality!

Emma was always the type to get fussier when music with words was on... even still she'll frequently ask me to turn it off whenever I try to have music with words on.