Monday, October 10, 2005

More on music

Sarah tagged me with this one, and it's rather appropriate given my last post!

Instructions: List five songs that you are currently enjoying. It doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now.

Post these instructions, the artist and the song in your blog along with your five songs. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.

So, without further ado, here are five of the bits of music that Jonathan and I have been enjoying lately:

1) Jane Eyre, the musical - all of it. It's one of the only cds that I can listen to multiple times a day for a week and still not be tired of it. That's what we were listening to when I took the previous picture of Jonathan.

2) Summertime by Lonestar (yes, I admit, it's country - but it's such good country!)

3) The Marvelous Toy and I Have A Song to Sing, O! by Peter, Paul, and Mommy (Mary)

4) Mr. Pinstripe Suit by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

5) Souvenir de Florence, Op. 70 by Tchaikovsky

I'd like to know what Jessica, Amber, Elena, Libby, and Jennifer are enjoying!

2 comments:

JMS said...

Oh, Ok. I'm happy to be "tagged." Elisabeth and I are enjoying checking out different CDs from our amazing library every week! So far I'm stuck on the classical section. Luckily Elisabeth doesn't seem to mind. This week we've checked out the following: Rachmaninov Preludes & Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, always favorites of mine, provide good listening music anytime. Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto #1 makes for some FUN dance moves and happy baby/mommy waltzing. I made the mistake of also taking home Dvorak's New World Symphony, which always makes me cry when I listen to it because I've played it (or rehearsed it) about 100 times AND that was the feature we performed on one of our trips to Europe. --brings back so many wonderful memories and makes me miss my friends!-- & Since you asked for what we're "listening" to I should also add that we're enjoying the book on tape: "A Wrinkle in Time." Would you believe I've never read that book? Well, that's been a delight too. Tomorrow I'm going back to the library for s'more so we'll see what themes emerge for the upcoming week. Any suggestions? We miss you!!

Sarah said...

Wow - *I* remember growing up listening to The Marvelous Toy and I Have a Song to Sing, O! Amazing. That seems so long ago.

"it went zip when it moved and pop when it stopped, and whirrr when it stood still..."