Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bible memorization

Jonathan was working on his homework with me this evening, writing sentences that use his spelling words. For "be" he volunteered: "Be holy, as I the Lord your God am holy." This was clearly a Bible verse, but neither Gabe nor I knew where it was found (or why it was at the forefront of Jonathan's mind). So Gabe asked if Jonathan knew where it was in the Bible...and Jonathan said "um, Leviticus 19:2, I think."

Hello. My six year old just tossed off "Leviticus 19:2".

We looked it up. He's right.

{Turns out this is one of his Sparkies verses, and he's been listening to them on the Sparky cd during his quiet times. Yay Awana!}

2 comments:

Stephanie S said...

That's awesome, Em. :) Go, Jonathan!

Jenn said...

I'm late commenting, but this is fantastic. Hurrah, Jonathan! :)

It encourages me to know that those verses kids are learning each week are really sticking. Yay!