Wednesday, May 30, 2007

WFMW - blitz pick-ups

When I was a kid, and the house got too messy, Mom would announce that we were having a "BLITZ PICK-UP!!!!!!" in that very excited tone of voice that said that this was the MOST FUN WE COULD POSSIBLY HAVE RIGHT NOW!!! Then we would all run around and clean up as fast as possible.

As I got older, I didn't think it was quite so exciting. But it was a quick way to get cleaned up!

So a few weeks ago I decided to try the same idea with Jonathan. I wanted him to begin learning to pick up his own toys, and I thought maybe the excitement factor would help.

Boy, did it ever! Jonathan thinks it is one big happy game. We race each other to see who can put blocks into the bucket fastest, and we practice our aim as we throw the little toys into baskets. He requests (often!) to "do a blizz pigup, mommy!" We've already had three this morning - we're running out of toys to put away. :)

Pick-up time = play time...works for me!

Visit Shannon for more ideas!

1 comment:

cmhl said...

that is a fantastic idea!