Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WFMW - crock pot

I'm sure this is not a surprise to many of my readers...but can I just say that I LOVE my crock pot?

I knew that I liked it before. Now that I have two children, one of whom gets cranky around 5pm and the other who likes to start a marathon nurse-fest at, oh, 5pm, I have a whole new appreciation for the slow cooker. I can start dinner in the MORNING! When my children are happy and/or asleep!

Yeah, so it is basic. But oh, it sure does work for me. :)

My favorite easy dinner recipe?

1) Buy the cheapest cut of beef you can find in the store.
2) Place in crock pot.
3) Sprinkle one packet of onion soup mix over the meat and add about 1/2 cup of water.
4) Turn it on and forget about it for 8 to 10 hours.

This recipe works for au jus sandwiches, or you can serve it with potatoes or bread, or slice it up for sandwiches, or use leftovers for fajitas (just add onions and peppers!)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

As you already know I love my crock pot too. You should post other recipes on Diary of a SAHM (http://familycorner.blogspot.com/)
for slow-cooker Thrusdays.