Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Something good...

Something good has come out of my enforced lack of activity. :) I've been much more focused on playing with Jonathan. I lie on the floor and we look at books, or I lie on a blanket outside and he brings me sticks and leaves, or I lie on the floor and he climbs on the couch cushions beside me. The point is that I'm right there with him, instead of being in the same room dusting the furniture or washing the dishes. And this has had a double payoff. Not only do we have a lot of fun playing together, but he has also become more independent of me. I think because he gets such a full tank of "mommy time", he doesn't have the need to demand my attention like he used to. It is a good lesson for me.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I find this so hard to remember!! I know I have re-discovered this again and again over the past four years. It is still true today, although our regular "homeschooling block" seems to fit the bill for Emma so it isn't so much of struggle now.

I'm glad you two are getting the chance to slow down and be together, I bet you are going to have a lot of really neat memories from this time (and I hope they overshadow the memories of the nausea and other unfortunate early pregnancy side effects!)